Navicure – a leading Internet-based medical claims clearinghouse that helps physician practices increase profitability through improved claims reimbursement and staff producitivity – recently commissioned Porter Research to conduct primary research amongst physician practices to better understand their ICD-10 preparation progress, resource availability and technology readiness.
More than 500 respondents from physician practices of various sizes and specialties across the U.S. answered the survey. Key survey findings include:
- Practices consider training and lack of payer readiness to be the biggest ICD-10 challenges.
- 52% of practices are most concerned with disruptions to cash flow once the new code set goes into effect.
Of those who haven’t started preparations:
- 36% believe they have enough time to prepare for the Oct. 1, 2014 deadline
- 26% do not have the time, staff or training resources available to begin preparation
- 22% don’t know where to begin ICD-10 planning