Navigating the New Complexities of Provider Credentialing: A Porter Research Report

It’s no secret that virtually every component of the healthcare industry is undergoing massive disruption due to rapidly evolving regulatory and reimbursement environments. The provider data management space, also known as the provider credentialing data and services space, is no exception.

This once relatively quiet, highly administrative function within hospitals is now under the spotlight to help improve patient safety and protect organizations from fraudulent activity while also identifying new efficiencies that support cost containment and quality goals.

Key Observations from the Research

Nearly 90% of respondents are currently using a data management tool today, with the remaining 10% relying on their own systems and spreadsheets. This reflects a mature, saturated market in which vendors must differentiate themselves on value-added services, while providers must sift through subtle differences in core capabilities.